Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I told my doctor I wanted to switch from paxil to welbutrin,

Customer Question

Hi. I told my doctor I wanted to switch from paxil to welbutrin, he prescribed me buspiroin, he said it the same thing? Is this true?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I'm taking testosterone for low T. That's about it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
this is Dr. DavidWellbutrin is also called bupropion hydrochloridebuspirone is BuSpar and is a different medication.there most likely was a mix up and misread of his prescription at the drug storebring the medication back to the pharmacy and ask them to call up your doctor to straighten it out.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com