Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Dr. Phil,Some people are resistant to tamoxifen (I'm one

Customer Question

Dr. Phil,Some people are resistant to tamoxifen (I'm one of them). So I take Aromatase Inhibitors.
Do you think that the reason they only work 50% of the time is because some people are resistant and their aromatase does NOT get stopped? I would think if that were true that they would do estrogen or aromatase tests to check for this. What do you think? Should I worry that my aromatase is not being inhibited?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Dr. DavidAI therapy don't work 50% of the time for peoplethey work 100% of the time for patients to help decrease risk of recurrence by do you know you are resistant to tamoxifen?no, you shouldn't worry that your AI therapy is not working.
please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using