Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Should a 77 year old male in er with no of 220/ admitted

Customer Question

Should a 77 year old male in er with no of 220/ admitted overnight for observation and should a cardiologist see him..this is his second time in a week in er for high blood pressure.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloThat depends on what they do in the ER.I would admit him.The pressure should be brought down gradually with monitoring.That is safeest.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed [] and ask “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.Here is that link again: