Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

If you are a carrier of CF will your skin tend to be a little

Customer Question

hi if you are a carrier of CF will your skin tend to be a little salty
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: my grand daughter is 3 months old, healthy lungs gaining weight bowel movement tested was normal.. but was diagnosed with CF.. her skin is a little salty. I was wonder if you are a carrier will your skin around head be salty
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidIn people who have cystic fibrosis, the salt travels to the skin's surface with the water and is not reabsorbed.Because of this, the skin of a child who has cystic fibrosis is abnormally salty.Parents may notice salty-tasting skin when they kiss the child.Your granddaughter should be tested for CF to be sure.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using