Ashley Mires
Ashley Mires,
Experience:  Internist at Chest & Critical Care Consultants
94080274

I just stopped taking Brintilix , it was making

Customer Question

I just stopped taking Brintilix for depression, it was making me nauseous. I had cut back but was still feeling awful. I called my doc and he said to just stop taking it, and because I am heading back to Massachusetts next week, find a new doc when I get there. I live in fla for 8 months a year. I have been on mediccine for years, very moody and then lost my son, so for dealing with grief now for 11 years. I am starting to feel panic attacks and crying jags coming on. I have called two docs in Massachusetts that I had before. One can't see me the other have not heard back from.
I keep telling myself I will be ok, but I am scared. What should I do? I have some old lexapro and am thinking of starting it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 10 months ago.
Hi there,Dr. Mires here to help answer your question. What medications have you been on in the past that have helped you with the symptoms you are feeling now? On an emergency basis until you find a new physician, I may be able to tele-prescribe you the medication you need (given that they are NOT controlled substances). Dr Mires
Other than that, you could go into an urgent care and explain your situation. They should be able to help prescribe at last a 5-10 day supply of medication while you look for a new physician.
at least*
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am panicking and can't think straight I can't remember what medicines I have been on I remember lexaapro, Wellbutrin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am embarrassed that I had to go online to ask for hel
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I use cvs in Palm Harbor Florida
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you still there
Yes I'm here. I was answering another patient's question, my apologies.
This is my virtual patient portal. Please select any appointment time (it does not matter) and schedule an appointment with me, filling in as much information as you can https://www.patientfusion.com/doctor/ashley-mires-73256 We'll go from there. We'll continue to chat here.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you call in a prescription?
yes, but I need to know pertinent information (strength, dosage, etc). if you could call your CVS and have them fax over your prescription history or ask them what medications you were on, and then tell me the information here, that'd be the next step. My fax # *****(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have to go now can we chat later
That's fine.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your time
You're welcome. If you require further assistance feel free to reply again. If I've answered your question, however, please accept my answer and give me a positive rating so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.