Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Took 2 lisinopril hctz 20/25 by mistake today. what should

Customer Question

took 2 lisinopril hctz 20/25 by mistake today. what should i do
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: 61 yr. female, 5'3" 180 lbs. is one of two meds that is taken/day(other is 100 microgram synthroid)
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no.......didn't know if this is dangerous for a one time event. I am a science teacher and i am in class now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloThis should not be a problem.That dose is still within the normal range for both drugs in the pill.Take your blood pressure a few times.Tell your doctor what happened.If you develop low blood pressure or symptoms [not likely at all] go to urgent care.But, you can probably just stay on your normal schedule. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.