Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have small bilateral mastoid effusions. what does that mean? JA:

Customer Question

i have small bilateral mastoid effusions. what does that mean?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i have vision issues(seeing gray spots and lines) I also have a lot of pressure in my head, especially around my temples.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Also i have unexplained nerve pain and inflammation thoughout my body. a degenerative disk L4L5, and bone spurs and a degenerative disk C3C4
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I am 28
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
a female. I weigh 130 and am 5'2 in height. I am just trying to figure out what all is going on. I am currently seeing a neurologist, but i dont feel like he is as invested in my medical care as he should be. I have done the nerve tests with the electrodes and needle and everything came back normal. Do you have any idea?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i also had to receive nerve blocks in my legs to regain range of motion. which only seemed to last 2-3 weeks before it went back to being extremely weak.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidmild bilateral mastoiditis fluid occurs in almost every case of acute otitis media inner ear infection.spring allergies can cause fluid in your inner ears and small bilateral mastoid effusions (which is just fluid in the bones around the inner ear)sinus infection and allergies and nasal congestion and cause head pressureyou might need to go on allergy medications and steroid nasal sprays to help your symptoms.being overweight can put extra pressure on your lower back. are you overweight?are you male or female?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i would am alright with an email instead of a phone call. I guess my main questions are about the bilateral mastoid effusions and what those are exactly
that is fluid in the bones around the inner ear.often happens with inner ear infections or bad allergy symptoms.do you have runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drips, clogged ears? signs of allergies? inner ear infection, fluid?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I also dont have any ear pain, or an ear infection.
any sinus symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
any thoughts? i believe that was the only issue with my brain mri.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sinus symptoms either. The lymph node underneath my right ear/neck has been hard and mildly larger for almost 2 years with no reason for the cause. could that have something to do with it?
it could be from fluid in the mastoid air cells which can cause your lymph nodes to be swollen and reactiveit doesn't sound like it is causing you much symptoms at this point.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much! i am a single mother of an almost 3 year old girl, it has been a bit difficult and a little frightening with all the fatigue, nerve pain and vision issues. My doctor went out of town for a couple of weeks. so talking to you has definitely eased my mind until my appointment! Thank you so much again for your help!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful night!!!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
one more thing if i might ask.
sure.
let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my first child suffered from a rare fatal disease called Congenital Hypophosphatasia... I am having trouble with being able to absorb vitamin d. My d2 was a 0 and my d3 was a 12 from the results i got over a year ago and this was after taking over 10,000 units a day when my d3 was originally 24. I got my levels checked again, and i dont have the results yet, but could i be developing something similar to the Hypophosphatasia my first child suffered from? Sorry if this doesnt make sense....
Congenital hypophosphatasia is absence or low levels of serum alkaline phosphatase due to mutations in the gene encoding tissue nonspecific alkaline phosphataselow vitamin D would not cause this.it can cause weak bones and low calium levels.make sure you get 10-15 minutes of sunshine on your skin daily which can give you vitamin Dand take in calcium as well to help your bones.I doubt you have Congenital hypophosphatasialet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
do you have any other questions?