Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I work at a blood bank in hr I got a cut on an employee file

Customer Question

I work at a blood bank in hr I got a cut on an employee file and it was deep. After washing my cut with soap and applying a band aid I notice light pink colartion on the place where I got cut. If that was dried blood should I worry about things like HIV? I am married and I worry about catching something like that and bringing it to my husband.
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out. OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No I just worry about it because I don't know if it was blood and if so if it was in my cut
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davida cut at work on a paper file will not put you at risk for HIV.you don't have to worry about HIV.bacterial infection is the riskwashing out the area is the best way to prevent bacterial infectionneosporin can help prevent infection.you don't have to worry about HIV.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com