Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

2 issues. JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this.

Customer Question

2 issues.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: 1. My daughter seems to have developed a hyper sensitivity. 5 months ago she developed a abses in her tooth which spiraled out of control that her whole face was swolen to the size of a soccer ball and spent almost a week in hospital. Over the weekend she cleaned her flat which was standing closed for a while. We suspect that because of the dust she had an allergic reaction and her body started swelling her skin was burning and she itched all over. She drank double dose of allergex. This morning its better but she is covered in a rash. I want to find out if a live blood analysis would be albe to determine what is wrongwith her
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: She had a miscarriage last week but I think is also related to whatever is going on in her body as it is now the 2nd miscarriage.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. There is no simple blood test that can determine whether someone has hypersensitivity or an allergy. There are some blood tests that can be done to look for common allergens, but many allergists prefer to perform skin tests. Most patients do not need a detailed allergy initially. The usual method for diagnosis is based on examination, although blood tests may be done to exclude other possible diagnoses. Allergy testing is usually only considered when initial treatment is not able to control symptoms. There are some medical causes of recurrent miscarriages, but it is typically not due to hypersensitivity or allergies. Miscarriages are common, so we usually do not perform an evaluation for recurrent miscarriages until two miscarriages occur. But when there is an evaluation for recurrent miscarriages, it would not iclude an evaluation for hypersensitivity or allergies. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at