Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My grandson is running a fever. 102-103 with flu like symptoms.

Customer Question

My grandson is running a fever. 102-103 with flu like symptoms. He has taken acetaminophen, but it does not seem to be lowering his temp. Can I try aspirin or another fever reducer? My mother used to say let the fever burn as long as it doesn't get too high.
Is there any wisdom in that? He is an adult. I guess that is important information, huh?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Yes, of course you can use aspirin as he is an adult.Aspirin can reduce fever better than acetaminophen.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, I understand he can take aspirin, but he has had acetaminophen within the last 1.5 hours.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Acetaminophen and aspirin can be used together even and even in the space of 1.5 hours.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards