Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

GA-crb Im a 64 year old male. When I masturbate which is rare, I

Customer Question

Im a 64 year old male. When I masturbate which is rare, I noticed I have no ejaculate any more???
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.At your age, it is common to have what is called as retrograde ejaculation i.e. your ejaculate fluid goes up into the bladder rather than coming out of the penis.This can happen if you are on certain blood pressure medications, medications for prostate among other causes.Retrograde ejaculation typically doesn't require treatment unless it interferes with fertility.Drugs to treat retrograde ejaculation are drugs primarily used to treat other conditions. They include:Imipramine (Tofranil)Chlorpheniramine and brompheniramineEphedrine, pseudoephedrine and phenylephrineDrugs generally won't help if retrograde ejaculation is due to surgery that causes permanent physical changes of your anatomy. Examples include bladder neck surgery and transurethral resection of the prostate.This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 7 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/9owyy-64-year-old-male-when-masturbate-rare.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe cause of no more ejaculate can be due to many different causes.it can be due to low blood testostserone levelsit can be due to atrophy or the prostate gland or prostatitis inflammation of the prostate gland.the prostate gland makes up the majority of the fluid which goes into semen.you need to see a urologist and get your prostate gland examined to see if it is inflamed or infectedif you have low blood testosterone levels, you might benefit from testosterone supplements to help bring up your levelslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com