Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS

Curious about my liver problems and doing some research JA:

Customer Question

curious about my liver problems and doing some research
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My liver enzymes are abnormally high, come down, and go up again. I have had a liver biopsy that was inclusive. CT scans and ultrasounds show no liver scarring, it is not oversize, not fatty. All other blood panels are normal.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: yes, after I eat I get a burning sensation between the shoulder blades of my back. Ultrasound and CT showed no signs of gallstones or blockage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. You age? Do you drink alcohol heavily? What about using pain killers?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Age is 54, male. I am not a heavy drinker nor do drugs and if I do drink, beer only. I rarely take any Tylenol or Aleve. Since my enzymes have been up and down since February, only drank beer on a couple of occasions
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the details. I would like to say that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as alcoholic liver disease, Hepatitis B and c (need to be ruled out), biliary disease. I will suggest to have further important tests such as magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography, Hepaptitis B and C screening. I will also suggest to see Liver specialist. Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me. Best wishesDr. Amir Javed