Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I've had back ache /3 weeks on and off, it's under my

Customer Question

I've had back ache for 2/3 weeks on and off, it's under my ribs and mainly at the right side quite high up. I'm a great worryer when it comes to health and tend to dwell on things. I've now started with a sickly feeling near my solar plexus area and occasionally feels like I've got a lump in my throat. I remember my husband once having this and his doctor put it down to stress and worry. Can you help? I've been on google and now terrified as I've read about pancreatic cancer
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 7 months ago.
GreetingsThere is a large list of possibilities. Narrowing it down to few would require detailed history and physical exams in addition to few tests. I would recommend that you go to the ER or an urgent care center and have it checked. Speculating what this pain might be coming from, will not help you. It is likely to be spine/rip/muscle strain, unlikely to be pancreatic cancer
If this satisfies your question, please complete the stars rating. This is how we get credit for our service. Best wishes