Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Dr. Love,I just had my first episode of acid reflux EVER.

Customer Question

Dr. Love,I just had my first episode of acid reflux EVER. I know that esophageal and stomach cancer are two of the common places that lobular breast cancer sends mets.Do you think I have one of these?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also, I had had nothing unusual to eat. In fact I had not eaten in several hours.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nevermind, Dr. Love. I got my answer. Thank you though.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.
If you got an answer, I assume that it is that the likelihood that acid reflux is an indication of any metastasis is quite low. And a single episode of acid reflux would be even more remote as an indication of any metastasis. On the other hand, the stress on the body of dealing with cancer will commonly lead to an acid irritation syndrome, so it is common that someone dealing with cancer will also need to use a medicine to suppress stomach acid to ease such problems.