Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have what I think is a bunion on my left foot below big toe.

Customer Question

I have what I think is a bunion on my left foot below big toe. It is red and very swollen. Hurts and can hardly walk. Anything I can do at home? I need to seem MD but have to wait til Monday for appointment. Can it be infected? Now I'm taking ibuprofen and putting cortisone cream and triple antibiotic topical.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidit could be could be gout in your toe joint causing the should ice the area and elevate your foot and toe to decrease should avoid alcohol and meats and high protein foods which can increase uric acid in your blood stream and worsen do need to see a doctor right awayyou can go to the ER and show a doctor therethey most likely will give you a course of antibioticsand can check your blood levels for uric acid to see if they are elevated.if your uric acid levels are high, they can give you gout medications to help your toe as welllet me know if you have questions.