Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

In my bowl movement i have large white things like worms shaped

Customer Question

in my bowl movement i have large white things like worms shaped like a j. i feel very weak and faint. these are about 1 inch long. i live in country where there are wild animals, what medicine can i take to get rid of them.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Since how long you have noticed this?Do you have any itching in anus?Any stool test done ?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for coming back online.The symptoms you have described of having large white things like worms that are 'j 'shaped in your bowel movement is most likely because of pin worm infestation.It is an extremely common infection in which tiny worms infest the intestines and lay eggs around the anus.You may need the Scotch Tape test. Treatment involves oral drugs that kill the pinworms and thorough washing of bedclothes, bed linens and underwear.The most common and effective medications to treat pinworm infection are:MebendazoleAlbendazole (Albenza)These are prescription medications.So my best advise for you is to make an appointment with your doctor to have the test done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment with these prescription medications will be done accordingly. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh