DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

David : Can I take another Prevacid because I took one

Customer Question

For Dr David : Can I take another Prevacid because I took one this morning like I alway do??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 10 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Recommended daily dose of Prevacid is 30 mg/day .If you took 15 mg than you can have one more , if you already took 30 mg than this is sufficent and no need to repeat dose .Regards ***** ***** my answer as good service .Thanks .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I woke up from sleeping about 2 and half hours ago and I was having bad acid reflux, I have taken a few doses of Gaviscon and I took one Zantac but the symptoms are still there, every time I swallow I feel like something is just sitting there and it burns a little, I have burped a few times, is this a heart attack?? Why won't this go away? I have had this a few times in the past
No this is not a heart attack , this is acid reflux take cup of cold milk and repeat Gaviscon dose .This will settle down .Relax .Good luck .Positive feedback will be appreciated .Thanks .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just took another Prevacid, I have taken a Zantac earlier and four swigs of Gaviscon, should I take more of the Gaviscon?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why when I drink the milk or water now does it hurt and then it will feel a little better but It feels like something is just sitting there and every time I swallow it's horrible, it almost feels like bad post nasal drip but it's like either food or I don't know what, what is going on with me?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you there???
Yes you can take Gaviscon .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is the stuff that feels like it's sitting there?
This is inflamed mucosa of food pipe because of acid . Regards ***** ***** will be appreciated .Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's been almost eight hours since I woke up fro dosing off, shouldn't it have gotten better now
If not better than go to ER please .Regards .
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I need to go to the ER??!!!
How are you feeling right now ?Regards .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.
HelloI am a double board certified US doctor.The symptoms you have would not be typical heart pain.But, if you have that concern, it can not be ruled out on line. You need an exam and EKG.Your acid reflux is much more likely, but you can have more than one problem at a time. We can not tell you that you don't have a heart problem, which can present as pain that is atypical and anxiety.In addition, you should be evaluated by a doctor immediately, as your reflux pain is not responding to prescribed treatment.Additional information: esophageal stricture can cause this felling. Barium swallow needed.Esophageal spasm, also can cause pain that does not get better and needs a calcium channel blocker.So, ER or urgent care, exam, EKG. Immediately.I am a double board certified US doctor.;Dr. Thomas.Find me any day of the week by request for safe, correct and up to date answers.Please click a positive only on this answer page if you want me to be compensated by just answer.Contact customer service if you have any problems.LEt me know if you have more questions.