Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I suffered a stroke when I was 38. Prior to that i drank a

Customer Question

I suffered a stroke when I was 38. Prior to that i drank a lot of alcohol, and lived mostly on carbohydrates with chocolate and biscuits and high fat protein thrown in. I am now past the strike but, I suspect, my arteries are clogged wirth cholesterol build up. I eat healthy, now, but how do I clear the build up of cholesterol?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
this is Dr. Davidthe best way to help your arteries now is to not smoke, keep your blood pressure normal, avoid high sodium,exercise regularly, eat lots of fruits and vegetablesit would be best if you went on a vegan diet, that would be the best thing for your arteries and cholesterol plaquesyou should ask your doctor to check your blood cholesterol levels as well.I'm glad you are eating healthyare you exercising regularly?you have to stop alcohol as welllet me know if you have questions.