How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 43442
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Help have been to so many doctors and can't get a diagnoses.

Customer Question

Help have been to so many doctors and can't get a diagnoses. For years now I have been fatigued, sleep issues, trouble breathing ( can't even walk up stairs with being out of breath), swelling in face, hands and feet, inflamed muscle and muscle pain. Lab tests showed my liver enzymes were really high but next time they were fine, then lipase showed fine one time another they are sky high, I have stomach and back pain, weight gain, I had toxemia while I was pregnant and have that same feeling now. Also Ana test was positive with speckled patten and titer but doc said not high enough to worry. Help please
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou need to see a rheumatology autoimmune specialist because of your symptoms and your ANA speckled test need more blood testing to check forantibodies to double-stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) tests,antibodies to histone tests,antibodies to phospholipids,antibodies to Ro/SS-A and La/SS-B,antibodies to Sm target Sm proteins in the cell nucleus,antibodies to RNP target ribonucleoproteinsyou very well could have an autoimmune condition like lupus or something else.often times these autoimmune conditions can be very difficult to test for and need to see a specialist in rheumatology. these are the doctors who treat patients who have autoimmune disorders.have you seen a rheumatologist yet?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I have seen endocrinologist, GP, and gastrointestinal Doctor. Had all those tests and more. Also newer symptoms are vertigo, ear ache and severe head aches. I have been going to doctors since 2012 trying to figure this out, back then I had lost half my hair.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Really struggling to breath recently feel like my chest, body is inflamed
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
autoimmune issues can come and go and can be very difficult to diagnosealopecia aeata can cause hair loss and be autoimmuneautoimmune hepatitis can cause occasional elevations of your liver enzyme need autoimmune testing againyou need pulmonary function testing of your lungs to check for problems with your airways and breathing.many patients have to wait for 2-6 yrs to get their autoimmune condition properly diagnosed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The most recent testing I had lipase was high and it was the Ana tests. It has been awful recently can barely get out of bed. I need to figure it out I feel like it keeps getting worse and worse. It's affecting my quality of life.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't live like this for more years I have kids and it's affecting everything
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.
then get back to the rheumatologist and ask for repeated testing for autoimmune disorders and see what the testing levels are now.