Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am 5"6 and weigh 226 I've cut out sweets and coke but still

Customer Question

I am 5"6 and weigh 226 I've cut out sweets and coke but still can't seem to loose the weight
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I'm 5'6 weigh 226 I'm trying exercises my coworkers are on adipex
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have no health problems except being overweight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidhow old are you?you need to see your doctor to get blood tests for thyroid hormone levels. are you a woman? if so, you need testing to check for polycystic ovarian syndrome which can cause weight gain and difficulty loosing weight.you might benefit from appetite suppressing medications as welllow thyroid hormone levels can cause difficulty with weight lossdo you have a doctor who can do some blood testing for you?what sort of exercising are you doing?