Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

Have sharpe pain in my streunm can,t eat feel like I need to

Customer Question

have sharpe pain in my streunm can,t eat feel like I need to vomit has been this way for five days. Went to hospital all my blood work was good chest xray good. They said I have indigestion but not getting better,taking over the counter prolsec and mylanta
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm very sorry about thisThis is concerning for another problem like eosinophilic esophagitisI think you need an endoscopy right awayThis is a scope of the throatlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.
GreetingsThis is very likely an esophageal issue. The top of the list is gastric reflux: acid backing up from the stomach into the esophagus causing irritation and the associated symptoms are just like what you have. It may not respond to the medications you tried, and it might require more time to respond Endoscopy might be needed, but NOT right away. Evaluation by a Gastroenterologist and possibly a trial of proper medications is first to be considered.Eosinophilic esophagitis it too specific and not supported by the history you provided, and there is no indication that this is the problem: this is typically a pathologic diagnosis, based on a biopsy, but this is very unlikely I would advise you to see a gastroenterologist if these symptoms do not resolve within the next few days. Let me know if you need any more clarifications. Best wishes
Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)If you have more questions, just reply.