Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Dr. SH. past two week now i have been having slight burn

Customer Question

hello Dr. SH. For the past two week now i have been having slight burning sensation around my scrotum bt no rash , redness ,irritation or pain wen i urinate. I toke ciprobay tablet and yet no effect. what might be the problem with me
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question.There is no evidence to suggest that you needed the ciprobay tablet.Slight burning sensation on the scrotum is usually not due to a urine infection which is the reason why ciprobay is not working.If there is no rash like you mention I would just use an antifungal cream combined with a mild steroid like hydrocortisone 1% (both are over the counter) two to three times a day for five to seven days which should help with your symptoms.I think that you only need topical treatment rather than ciprofloxacin (ciprobay)This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards