Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

What does it mean mixed flora multiple microorganism presents

Customer Question

What does it mean mixed flora multiple microorganism presents resembling urogenital flora
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I just got a copy of my blood work back today and under culture urine reflex this is what it is stating
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: mixed grain positive flora 10,000-50,000 cfu/ml
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
This means that the urine sample just showed bacteria that normally life in the urinary tractNot an infection
Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)If you have more questions, just reply.