Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have swollen lymph nodes in neck under jaw and right groin

Customer Question

i have swollen lymph nodes in neck under jaw and right groin on and off temp and chills my specialist md thinks CMV i also had Lyme disease last year and treated so I have allergies, CMV and potentially Lyme may be at play also I am 69 I am just trying to learn more info and you came on line thanks
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: is there a potential for any cancer or nee biopsy at this stage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloMultiple nodes over 1 to 2 cm, with suspicous findings on exam and/or CBC can indocate lymphoma.If this is the suspicion, then a fine needled aspiration of a node or two is warranted. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.