Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Pearl..... I had the stomach flu very bad on Sunday and

Customer Question

Hi Pearl..... I had the stomach flu very bad on Sunday and Monday. On Monday my left leg hurt so bad I couldn't stand. As of today (Thursday) my leg is better but I can't walk far. Is it my sciatica or am I still dehydrated?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan and I will help you today. Having a stomach flu can dehydrate you easily. If you are having weakness but little or no leg pain, the weakness is most likely being caused by dehydration. Lose of potassium is part of frequent bowel movements and bananas will help replenish potassium. Also increaseyour fluid intake and the weakness should resolve. I hope this has been helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
How are you feeling?