Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

My rectum is very red and at times itchy. When i wipe after

Customer Question

My rectum is very red and at times itchy. When i wipe after using the bathroom there are multiple blood spots on the tissue , it has been this way for a couple of months.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Since how long are you having this problem?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you one any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.Regards
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidred and itchy rectum can be a sign of hemorrhoid inflammation of your rectum and anushemorrhoids are veins in your rectum which can become inflamed and bleedoften after passing large hard stools or constipation or from straining when you push out a bowel movement.hemorrhoids can often bleed on the tissue when you should see a doctor and get your rectum area checked and see if you have hemorrhoids.there are prescription steroid suppository medications and creams which can help clam down hemorrhoid inflammation and bleeding.and also you need to soften your stools by eating extra fiber and stool softeners (like colace) and use laxatives to keep your stools soft so you don't have to push and strain so much.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.