Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

Can a person get aneurysm under the tongue in the large

Customer Question

Can a person get aneurysm under the tongue in the large veins - swell & rupture?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.It does not sound like an aneurysm.Do you have any pictures that you could attach on here for me to see, to be able to help you out in a better way.If you wish to communicate with me over the phone or on my personal email or both accept the premium offer. If not, ignore the premium offer.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do NOT take drugs or medication, have never smoked, healthy&active. Terrific pain on one side of tongue, thought bit. After looking, both under sides seem to be engorged. Down in front/floor ofd mouth, all black&blue, but today there seems to be a couple pustulars on the ball, but I have NO sore throat. Right side under tongue, veins stand really big and blk&blue. No fever either.
Do you have idea of what this could be???
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Is it possible for you to attach a picture on here for me to see?The most likely diagnosis here seems to be a mucocele which resembles veins as it is in a bluish color but this usually happens due to blockage of one of the minor salivary glands in the mucous membrane of the oral cavity.I would recommend that you be seen by an ENT doctor or oral surgeon to confirm the diagnosis and then proceed from there.This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards