Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have a question about genital herpes JA: OK. The Doctor

Customer Question

I have a question about genital herpes
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I just want to know if baking soda or an anti fungal powder will help dry up the sores. I read this online at WebMD
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Baking soda or anti-fungal powder may help with symptomatic relief i.e. reduce the pain or may help dry up the secretions from the sores but there is no evidence that it will help cure the lesions faster.The only thing that helps in curing the outbreak faster is treated with anti-viral medications like acyclovir.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards