Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have been having a combination of high blood pressure (165/110)

Customer Question

I have been having a combination of high blood pressure (165/110) and low pulse rate (50-52bpm) for 2-3 days. I take lisinopril 10MG a day. My regular doc is out of town
Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for this questionWith this combination you really need to go to urgent care or ER and get seenThey need to do an EKG and check blood workyour med will need to be changed. Probably an increase dose of lisinopril to start
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 9 months ago.
GreetingsThis all depends on how you feel and what symptoms you haveIf you have no symptoms, the heart rate is certainly not of no concernYour systolic BP (upper number) is mildly elevated but of no immediate concern. Your diastolic BP is elevation is of concern, but it is not life threatening. You should relax and recheck your BP. Make sure you are suing your BP machine correctlyIf your BP is down, then nothing to be done. If your BP remains in the same range or higher, it is ok to take an additional lisinopril 10 mg, just once and contact your physician in AM. Your BP should come down within 1-2 hoursIf you do have symptoms: chest pain, shortness of break, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, passing out, weakness of legs or arms etc. then you need to go the ER, not urgent care.
Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)If you have more questions, just reply