Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Off and on couple of years I experience this sleep

Customer Question

Hi
Off and on for a couple of years I experience this sleep problem
I go to bed aprrox 10 pm every night and fall asleep within 15 Minuets
and sleep well , But wake up completely at 4 am ...Wide awake and refreshed ,even though I don't need to be up till 7am , I lay wide awake for 1-2 hours finally falling back to sleep ,Then when my alarm goes off at 7am I have a hard time getting going
even getting out of bed , I feel very tired and grogy ...
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 11 months ago.
HiWhat is your question?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Doctor
Off and on for a couple of years I experience this sleep problemI go to bed aprrox 10 pm every night and fall asleep within 15 Minuets
and sleep well , But wake up completely at 4 am ...Wide awake and refreshed ,even though I don't need to be up till 7am , I lay wide awake for 1-2 hoursfinally falling back to sleep ,Then when my alarm goes off at 7am I have a hard time getting going
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.
Hello!I suggest that you consult your doctor on this sleep pattern issue. Are you having any trouble with depression? Unusual stress? Depression may commonly be associated with sleep pattern problem of early AM awakening as you describe. A medication such as Trazedone may help to correct this issue ...I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD