Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I fell on a carpeted step two months ago. I didn't feel any

Customer Question

I fell on a carpeted step two months ago. I didn't feel any pain at the time, but ever since there is one small place on my elbow that if tapped (even very lightly) I experience a high level of pain for a split second. That was my only symptom. I guessed it was a bone bruise. Two months later, yesterday I noticed a huge bruise on my elbow and the area that is extremely sensitive is a little darker than the rest. I still have no pain unless that one spot gets tapped. I can do push-ups and planks. Should I be concerned? I have excellent health and exercise about 4 times a week. I'm 55 and I am on no medications and have no medical conditions that I know of.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.
this is Dr. Davidyes, you should be concernedyou could have a bone fracture on your elbow which has not healed properly in 2 months. you should see a doctor and get your elbow xrayed or you may even need an elbow MRI or CT scan.the large bruise could be a sign the prior elbow trauma has not healed properlydo you have a doctor you can seeor you can go to the ER for evaluationyou most likely will need to see an orthopedic specialist about your elbow.