Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

Since about a week i feel a little pain under my right rib

Customer Question

Since about a week i feel a little pain under my right rib cage &sometimes i feel it on the last rib .
I am exercising daily on abs muscles .
I did last month an annual ultrasound as i have been diagnosed incidentally since 2 years a small hepatic hemangioma & the dr told me to follow it up fir 2 years to make sure that it is not enlarging then after 2 years if it remains as it was i can stop follow it up or to follow it every 3-5 years .
Thanks God it is the same & all the rest of the test (kidneys , Pancreas , gallbladder & spleen) were normal .
What can cause this lite pain which persitst from 10 second till 1 min then it subside by itself .
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloIt can bea. muscularb. gallbladderc. colonAn ultrasound does not get all gallstone, nor does it measure gallbladder dysfunction.Talk to your doctor about these possibilities. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it something serious if i left it as it is as i hate going to the clinics . I feel anexious & nervous.
You need an exam.You might need a CT scan of the ultrasound, but that depends on exam. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't understand?
Gallstones and gallbladder dysfunction have not been ruled out.It is not an emergency.It can become serious if that is what it is.You need an exam to decide if you need further testing in this respect. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily. The rating scale is at the top of the answer page on the right.http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.
It is possible you have irritable bowel as wellCan you tell me if you have ever had an upper endoscopy?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Result was hiatus hernia sliding & bile gastritis
Okay this could be gastritis or inflammation of the stomachthe best med would be something like prilosec.call your doctor and ask if you can take that
HelloTypically stomach pain would be center, or refer to the left.A duodenal ulcer would likely be more on the write.You should not just treat this as there is a wide differential that I have given you.Get the exam.Please click a positive rating here.Always stick with Dr. Thomas for correct, safe and accurate ansers. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed [http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/] and ask “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.Here is that link again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 7 months ago.
GreetingsI have a different answer for you37 year old, athletic who exercises daily on abs and muscle, now with pain over the right rip cage, some times over the last rip that last 10 seconds up to a min for just one week: this is skeletal pain, originating from the muscle/bones/joints of the rip cage, specially if the pain is localized and get worse to touch the area, or by taking a deep breathIt is harmless, likely triggered by your training and should disappear if you take it easy on the weight training for a week and take Motrin (600 mg tree times daily for 3-4 days). This is equal to 3 Advil (200mg) three times dailyIt is not your hemangioma, and not stomach or colon though liver and gall bladder are "remote" possibility"Let me know if you need more clarifications