Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician
Experience:  MBBS DNB
25843817

Sudden swelling of left cheek, beside corner of my mouth. I

Customer Question

Sudden swelling of left cheek, beside corner of my mouth. I tend to have allergies and asthma-like symptoms at night, but this is different. I have taken now 2 Benedryl but not noticing a change. My throat is clear but it's starting to be hard to swallow due to swelling in mouth. It's late and I don't want to go to ER if I don't have to (will have to wake whole family). Does this sound like something else? I haven't eaten for several hours, though I just brushed my teeth before this happened.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so. I have had to go to ER for breathing emergencies before, but this is different.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Nothing is important more than your life , you should awake your family and don't wait for any home remedy .Immediately go to ER and get IV Steroid this could be evolving allergic reaction that can extend to your throat .So please go to ER .Good luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 7 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience? You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link Other method of uploading photo or a file is:1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this page Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
HelloI am still awaiting a response from you .I would be happy to help.RegardsDr Pravin