Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Have you seen chronic hives with stools full of white

Customer Question

Have you seen chronic hives with stools full of white speckles? For my whole life dermatologists have told me its eczema but recently its gotten significantly worse since I've started traveling for work (i.e. eating out more often). I can't sleep more than an hour at night because myitching/scratching is extreme. I bleed... Now its on my face. From time to time, my skin peels off like a snake. When i'm inflamed, my stools are full of white speckles. I've never heard of Keratosis Pilaris. Let me go into more detail. I have this on my legs, arms, neck, face, bridge of my nose, and penis. At night I itch the most. I wake up after an hour of sleeping every night.. 3-4 more times throughout the night itching. Its significantly worse when i eat poorly or drink alcohol. Stools usually have white specks but approximately every 2 weeks they become filled with the white specks like the picture attached.Usually the itching is located on the folds of my skin on the neck and at time i get larger hive-like bumps that itch intensely. Sending more pictures. Does this still seem like keratosis pilaris. If so I'll be very happy because this has stumped doctors for years and I'm desperate. I'm highly uncomfortable and every doctor tries to talk to me about eczema yet can't solve it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
Yes. They look like Keratosis Pilaris. It is a common, harmless skin condition that causes dry, rough patches and tiny bumps, usually on the upper arms, thighs, cheeks or buttocks. The bumps generally don't hurt or itch. Keratosis pilaris is often considered a variant of normal skin. It can't be cured or prevented. But you can treat it with moisturizers and prescription creams to help improve the appearance of the skin. The condition usually disappears by age 30. Keratosis pilaris results from the buildup of keratin — a hard protein that protects skin from harmful substances and infection. The keratin forms a scaly plug that blocks the opening of the hair follicle. Usually many plugs form, causing patches of rough, bumpy skin.No one knows exactly why keratin builds up. But it may occur in association with genetic diseases or with other skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis. Dry skin tends to worsen this condition.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 7 months ago.
Hello Welcome and Thank you for your query posted. My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern. Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service . Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Would you like me to answer your query as a Dermatologist? Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Do you have history of Atopic Dermatitis ?
HelloI am still awaiting a response from you .I would be happy to help.RegardsDr Pravin