Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

QUESTION}Is theirs such a thing as an enlarged epiglottis? Is there any assoc. with belch

Customer Question

{QUESTION}Is theirs such a thing as an enlarged epiglottis? Is there any assoc. with belching or a clicking noise afr ter eating?
These sx's are occurring in my 79y/o brother Who is currently receiving radiation treatments for prostate cancer.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.The clicking sound that you are mentioning could be due to the eustachian tube (the tube that connects the ear to the throat) opening and closing.I would, however, recommend that he be seen by an ENT doctor and have his throat examined to be sure that it is normal and that other causes are ruled out.Other causes may include a polyp or a mass which needs to be considered and ruled out by examination.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards