Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I take opana 40 er. Oxycodone 20 thru but pharmarcy

Customer Question

I take opana 40 er. Oxycodone 20 for break thru but pharmarcy won't have oxy for week I have extra 15 mg morphine from before switch. Will it be ok to use for break thru till I get oxy
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I don't have any more information I said all
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No that's all I take major car accident all metal no elbow or shoulder much more
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloNo, of course not.This will break your contract with your doctor and potentially get you in trouble.We do not replace your doctors permission.Call your doctor about this. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Given your situation you can use morphine 15 mg as needed for your break through pain.It should be ok with opana just like oxycodone.You should also inform your doctor about this problem when possible.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: