Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have gone to an Internal Medicine doctor 25 years,

Customer Question

I have gone to an Internal Medicine doctor for about 25 years, today, he asked me to sign a "Chronic Pain Patient" form. I'd refused to sign it but I'd like to know why I was asked to sign this form. I do not take any pills for pain. Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloIf you are not a pain patient, there was no reason to fill out the form.It might have been a mistake.If you are a chronic pain patient, then the form is for contractual purposes, so that you understand your, and the doctors, roles and responsibilities.Certainly, we can not say why your doctor does what he does without being part of his practice, but those would be the standard reasons. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.What medications you are taking currently?Recently certain medications like tramadol has been made controlled substance.And authorities want every patient to be bound by contracts if any of these recent changed status pill is being prescribed.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/