Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My 3 year old grandson had his blood drawn Because he was

Customer Question

My 3 year old grandson had his blood drawn
Because he was complaining about his knees hurting. He is an active , healthy little boy. When the results came back , his CK levels were extremely high . ( I believe around 13000 ) . A week later he was tested again and this time the levels dropped to around 1900. Much lower. We are hoping and praying that this is not muscular distrophy. He has no other visible signs such as enlarged calves or weakness of any sort. Today, about a week and a half later, he was tested again and the levels were at about 3500 . Would you have any answers as to what could be going on?
- A very concerned grandpa
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...As his CK levels are still high and he is not fully active to judge his muscle strength although he has no obvious muscular dystrophy but still possibility of Myopathy should be kept in mind .It would be ideal for him to get his Muscle biopsy as early as possible to rule out and diagnose issue propery , so that appropriate treatment may be offered to him .You should ask his Pediatrician who may do it in collaboration with Pediatric Neurologist please .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .