Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

I have a soar throat with a glowing esophagus.I have since

Customer Question

I have a soar throat with a glowing esophagus.I have since lost my voice over 2 days.How can I soothe it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. From your statement, it sounds like your laryngitis is related to having GERD, gastric reflux with involvement of the vocal cords. I would ask if you have the classic symptoms which include bad breath, history of cavities, sinusitis or nasal congestion in addition to the sore throat??? If you do, you need to treat the GERD with a PPI medication, such as OTC prevacid, prilosec, or nexium. In addition you can use an antiacid like Mylanta II, and TUMS taste pretty good. Once you have reduced the acid secretion, then you need to treat your throat, which you are doing with the Chloroseptic Spray, and other symptomatic treatments. I recommend salt water gargles as that seems to hydrate the throat and promote healing. Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply, or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You for Your help.That makes sense due to my history.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome. Get back to me anytime if I can help. Dr Frank