Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I'm worried about something I had 2 teeth extracted and approx

Customer Question

I'm worried about something I had 2 teeth extracted and approx 48 hrs later I went to a memorial service on the beach where we spread someone's ashes there was champagne and not enough glasses I shared a glass with 2 different people for a toast and an additional sip. I was wondering if my extraction is considered an open wound and if I'm at risk or either HIV or hep. C I need to put my mind at ease should I get tested?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe chances for HIV spread this way with a shared champagne glass after dental extractions is super super super super super super smalllike one in a billion short of odds of you contracting HIV or hepatitisyou don't need testing, your risks are so lowif you do get testing, I would get it would turn out HIV negative and hepatitis don't have to worry.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using
do you have other questions?