Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

I wake up to a server burning groin pain, after im awake for

Customer Question

I wake up to a server burning groin pain, after im awake for a few hours it goes away. During the time of pain strecting flat hurts getting up to more increases tension and the burn plus it radiats down the nner thigh. Feels like something is rolling up like a tube and stret hing to a snapping point
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had hernia surgery 3 weeks ago for 2 lower adomen hernia. Surgery was mesh a ement
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.
GreetingsThere are two main possibilities, non is urgent or serious.First, this could be related to the recent hernia surgery, which is not unusual but typically resolve with time as the surgical site and the mesh heals. Although you had lower abdominal hernia surgeries, pains can radiate to the groinThe second possibility is that you have a inguinal hernia leading to this symptomsI am sure, you will have your post-surgery FU soon and you can address it with your surgeon Let me know if you need further clarifications
When you are ready, please complete the stars rating as it is the only way we get credit for our service. You may still email me with question on this topic after your the rating. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inguinal hernia was the surgery i went through, one on both sides of the lower adomen. Though the (im female) pubis mond and thigh was not scanned during the imaging process. It's strange that if i sleep for more then 3 hours, that i awake to the same disabling pain and this only started a week after surgery. If its just healing pains then i should be able to move the area that burns and feels so tight like its going to snap with out causing further injury. However if its not healing pains, what will i be ripping? The sensation is in the fold on the right side, goes about an inch above the vaginal slit then down. This soft tissue all the time has a heavy numb feeling, like i should be able to feel more but can not. When the morning pain is there it can radite a hands width down the thigh. Had my husband feel the areas and compare with my left side, no noticiable differnce.So what happens during sleep that does not happen during the day? Would there be ways to prevent the pain besides only sleeping in three hour increments? Would an icepack or heat pad help? I'm not sure if the pain increases the next day depending on activity, should i test that? When i go in for imaging should i try to go right after i wake and am in the pain?
Sorry for the delay. I log off over night Abdominal and inguinal hernias are different. Since it is inguinal, this is most likely to be related to the healing process of your surgery. Other possibilities to be considered include infection and nerve damage/irritation from the surgery (not unusual). I would recommend that you have it check soon by your surgeon. He would be the best to make a judgement, knowing the details of your surgery. I would not recommend using any local "remedies" before having it checked. You may still use the pain medications prescribed to youLet me know if you have any further questions.