Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I take these medications. hydrochlorthiazide, potassium,

Customer Question

I take these medications. hydrochlorthiazide, potassium, terazosin, amlodipine, alprazolam, lisinopril, dutasteride - stopped taking cyclobenzaprine and nabumetone. I took vitamin b, c,d,e, and a 500 mg of magnesium as of 7 days ago. I found out today that I might have COMPARTMENT SYNDROME after visiting my chiropractor. Last week I went to a orthopedic clinic . He took an xray of my leg and that was ok but we have a scheduled mri for thursday for the thigh . The entire leg is swollen but it doesn't hurt. He has taken a blood test. i haven't got any results yet. I was wondering if you thought this waiting period is negatively effecting me. Could taking the magnesium have caused this problem. I was taking it because I felt it helped me sleep better and helped bones. It is definitly not limpoma.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.
GreetingsAcute painless swelling of one leg is very unlikely to be compartment syndrome. I worry about a venous clot. You do need to have it evaluated at the ER today, as soon as your canThree things would commonly cause compatment syndrome in a leg, a fracture, bleeding or edema excessive water in the leg) and they are typically painfulIf indeed it is an acute Compartment syndrome, it is an emergency that require urgent/emergent intervention. It is typically painfulNon of your listed medications will have caused this. Let me know if you need any further clarification. When you are ready, please complete the stars rating as this is how we get credit for our service. Best wishes