Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I can her my pulse in my ear when bending over what can cause

Customer Question

I can her my pulse in my ear when bending over what can cause it ? It mostly happens after food
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I hear this pulsating heartbeat type sound only when I end my head towards my knees at a particular point
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloHigh blood pressure.A blood vessel problem in the head.Normal in some cases. Especially if temporary.Make sure your doctor knows about this and examines you. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have high blood pressure and got my MRI done if brain and it was normal
Can it be due to jugular vein or carotid artery kinking or getting compressed at a particular angle when bending ?
Secondly it is only in my right ear
Can MRI brain rule out problems I neck
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I get any ultrasound or test while bending to check the blood pressure on that position I.e bending ?
NoDisc problems and other problems in the neck need imaging of the neck.It would not be vein.If there is a blockage in your carotid, your doctor might hear a murmur.If not, an ultrasound of the carotids can rule this out.I suspect you are normal. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ultrasound of carotid was also normal
I don't know if he checked my jugular vein of not ?
What imaging test should I do for neck
Also if I put pressure on right side of neck the sound disappears
Jugular vein would have nothing to do with it.MRI of the neck shows more.Please click a positive.Come back if needed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I be added my ultrasound of neck
So should I get MRI of my neck also ?
Brain MRI cannot rule out neck problems ?
What about neck ultrasound ?
One more thing sir
Is it due to more blood flow by bending or less blood flow ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello sir
Pls reply
AS I said, I think you are normal.And this might even be anxiety.Many people can hear their pulse in a certain position;An MRI of the neck is preferred.Bending neither increases or decreases blood flow. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.
I think you need an MRI AND an MRA of the brain to look for aneurysm.was this done?