Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.

Pain in top of hand into the wrist. pivoting hand up or down

Customer Question

pain in top of hand into the wrist. pivoting hand up or down is very painful. I am a mason and swing a heavy hammer all day.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: just need to know a good treatment option, besides rest that will help. A wrist brace works to a degree
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: been a mason for 40 plus yra
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 5 months ago.
HI. Welcome to JA. So if pivoting is bad, the most common problem is the TFCC, The triangular fibrocartilage complex. I will attach a webpage on this problem. Do you have an MRI report? If you do, just upload it minus your name, as this is a public forum, and I can explain the findings to you. As you have been swinging a heavy hammer for 40 years, it is possible you have chondromalacia, or an endochondral lesion, a breakdown of the bone under the cartilage. Hard to say from here. Please get back to me to discuss this further, ask questions and I will answer them. Or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****