Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

I am a 44yr old woman which i consider to be in great shape

Customer Question

i am a 44yr old woman which i consider to be in great shape and good health except for chronic sinusitis and asthma. Recently i had a thyroid ultrasound due to me being on armour thyroid almost a year and still have a little off bloodwork. recently i have been extremely fatigued, my vitamin D has been low and i was having a bit of pain every once in awhile in my neck. I lost about 20 pounds since february however i did stop drinking beer. (i am around 130) Anyways my doctor wants me to have a fine needle aspiration because i ended up having "slight prominence of vascularity on color flow doppler and 6x3x4mm hypoechoic solid nodule". Aren't these things common and not really that big a deal? I made the appointment to follow up but i just googled it and seems like they are always a big nothing. believe me i do want to feel better as far as being so tired all the time i just don't want to go through something unnecessary
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for this questionyou are absolutely correct.They are not that big a deal and a nodule less than 1 cm is rarely biopspiedI would ask if you could do a follow up ultrasound in 6 months insteadlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using