Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have been sick over a week with major congestion and cough

Customer Question

I have been sick over a week with major congestion and cough and am on my second antibiotic. Sometimes when I cough, like just a while ago, I get so dizzy and light headed that I feel I might pass out. What the heck is going on with me?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have a biscupid valve that was just checked, that's about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloThere is no reason to be on an antibiotic for a cough unless you have pneumonia.Very bad medicine, and antibiotics have all sorts of potential side effects.You need to go back to the doctor and see what is going on.If you have pneumonia that is not responding to antibiotics, you need to be hospitalized briefly.Dizziness can be from a severe cough, from a heart problems, brain problem, nervous system problem, anemia, dehydration, medication effects, or inner ear problems including infection.As it seems, you don't have a diagnosis.Go get one. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.