Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

Yes my throat hurts really bad I went to the doctor on Saturday

Customer Question

Yes my throat hurts really bad I went to the doctor on Saturday and she said it's not strep throat, my tonsils was removed when I was a kid. She said its my sinus but she gave me a Z pac, medicine or allergries nasal spray and monteluksast sodium... I feel worst my throat hurts when I swallow talk and I'm getting chills then hot and it feels like a lump in throat I the right side behind my ear hurts as well
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Well im allergic to sulfur and penicillin
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 5 months ago.
HelloI amCustomerand I would be assisting you today with your concerns.This may not be a strep throat infection but it can be a viral infection.There may also be an allergic component to it and that can also cause inflammation of throat and pain on swallowing and talking.Other symptoms of pain behind ear can be due to mastoiditis.Viral infections are typically self limiting and would get better in 4-7 days.You should also take an anti inflammatory like advil for pain relief and acetaminophen if you feel chills.You should also take an antacid like nexium as acid reflux can also contribute to throat symptoms.This is my initial answer.Please reply to discuss further.