Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My mother n law brought home strep throat to the

Customer Question

My mother n law brought home strep throat to the family and a week ago Friday my two kids, wife and I caught it. My daughter and I both also had influenza and stomatitis with it. They are all healing up pretty good but as for me, my mouth is killing me. I have open wounds on the roof of my mouth and my uvula is still swollen hanging down with a white streak. My gums on roof of mouth against the teeth have open wounds. Hurts to swallow and drink anything cold. I have one more day of antibiotics and Dr gave me a mouth rinse. Doesn't seem to be making progress. I'm desperate.
Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I am sorry to hear about your problem.Have you tried something like orajel to help numb the painful sores?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Dr SH,
I sure have. I had a BLM mouth rinse prescribed but it's all used up. How many days does it normally take to clear up?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your response.Usually it takes around five to seven days for such infections to clear up but it can take up to two weeks at times.I am sure that your infection would clear up.Meanwhile to reduce inflammation you can try taking some over-the-counter anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen to help your symptoms.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks DR. The sores in my mouth are turning white so I'm assuming they are healing. Back of my throat still really sore and uvula swollen and touching tongue. Hopefully I'm on home stretch.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.
You are most welcome.Yes these sores are healing up.Hopefully the throat and uvula will start to heal soon.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.