Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

I am in remote Alaska. I've been told I have up now to 18

Customer Question

I am in remote Alaska. I've been told I have up now to 18 months left on my Pacemaker battery. What symptoms should I look for as the battery exhausts itself?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.
HI. Welcome to JA. it depends on how much your pacer is being used. I assume it is an on demand pacer. You would have CHF symptoms, shortness of breath, you could get diaphoresis (sweating), chest pain. You might feel palpitations (pounding in your chest). Basically a reproduction of symptoms that you had prior to getting the pacer. Get back to me to discuss this further if I can help, or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks dr Frank