Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Why would I be bleeding from my anus, besides a fissure in

Customer Question

Why would I be bleeding from my anus, besides a fissure in my anus?
Thank you.
Mark
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hello!Hemorrhoids would be a common cause of anal bleeding...You may have other less common causes such an AV malformation( direct artery to vein ) Erosions of the colon or rectum wall would be possible....Bleeding from a diverticula may cause ...A rectal or colon cancer would be a potential concern...So it is advised that you see your doctor / gastroenterologist for evaluation to determine the cause in your case ...Let me know if you have further details or questions / concerns/ discussion..I will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD